Crisis and Conflict
Service & VolunteerismService & Civic OrganizationsHealthcare & Social Services
2nd Lt. James L. Cathey
Heisler, Todd and The Rocky Mountain News
How should we respond to crisis?
Think of a time when you encountered a crisis in your work or service. What was the crisis? How did you respond? Do you wish that you had responded differently? Why or why not?
- How would you describe what is happening in this image?
- What do you think the passengers on the plane are thinking?
- How do the soldiers on the plane respond to Lt. Cathey's coffin? What experiences may have led them to respond this way?
- How do you usually respond to crisis?
- Is there a "right" way to respond to crises? Why or why not?
- Where, if anywhere, do you see yourself in this image? Whose response to the coffin resonates with you?
What are two words that describe how you currently respond to crises? What are two words that describe how you hope to respond to crises in the future?
Back to Discussion Plans