Leadership and Responsibility
EducationHigher EducationTeachers' Inquiry Project
How to Start a Movement
What is my responsibility to the people I lead?What makes a good leader?
First, think of one person you know who strikes you as a good leader. Then think of one word to characterize how this person leads. Finally, describe one specific instance in which you saw this person leading in a way that warrants the word you chose (if you said “demanding,” for example, then describe one instance in which you saw this person being demanding).
- Is the shirtless dancing boy in the video a good leader?
- Why does the first follower joins the shirtless dancing boy?
- Should leaders embrace their followers as "equals"? Why or why not?
- Have your leaders embraced their followers as "equals"? Have you embraced your followers as "equals" when you've led? In what ways?
- Is it important for you to think about your work as "leadership"? Why or why not? Is it important for you to think of your students as future leaders?
- Who do you most identify with in this video -- the leader, the first follower or one of the later followers? Who would you like to identify with in the future?
- Think about your place of work -- are you leading well? Are you being led well? Why or why not?
What is one question you have about yourself as a leader? What is one word that describes the kind of leader you want to be seen to be?
Back to Discussion Plans