Ability and Disability
EducationTeachers' Inquiry Project
Saving the Crippled Boy
Think of a time when you tried to help someone and it didn't go as planned. How were you trying to help? What didn't go as you'd imagined? Was that a good experience or not?
- Why does the speaker kiss Bob?
- Why does she think Bob needs saving?
- What assumptions does she make of him and herself? Have these thoughts changed?
- How do you understand the repetition of "small and hard" in relation to herself?
- Was what the speaker did a good deed?
- When do we help? How do we assess the effectiveness and the impact of our help?
What is one question you are taking away from this discussion?
Back to Discussion Plans