Leadership and Responsibility
Service & VolunteerismLocal Communities
How does a person become a leader?What do we expect from the people we lead? What do we expect from our own leaders?
Think of a time when you were afraid of something. How did that fear influence you and your work? Share your experience with a partner.
- What do we learn about Mr. Fleming in the beginning of the story?
- What do we learn about Mr. Fleming toward the end of the story?
- Did your opinion of Mr. Fleming change between the beginning and the end of the story? Why or why not?
- Do you think that Mr. Fleming was cowardly in his first battle? In his second?
- Why does Mr. Fleming go back into the barn to save the colts, even though the men say it is “sure death”?
- What makes someone a coward? What makes them courageous?
- When to you feel cowardly in your day-to-day life? When do you feel brave?
In what ways do you think that you are courageous in your professional life? Share your thoughts with the group.
Back to Discussion Plans