Social and Political Change
First Day of School Desegregation
Can one person change the world?Must action, to be meaningful, always lead to social change?What enables change? What gets in the way?What is change? Do people experience change differently?What kind of change am I making? What kind of change does the world need?
Think of someone who has made significant change in or outside of your community. Who is the person? What change(s) has s/he made? What about the change struck you as significant? Please think for a couple minutes and share with the person sitting next to you.
- Which character are you drawn to in this image? Why are you drawn to him/her?
- What do we know when we look at the image? What do we not know?
- Do you see change in this image? Where do you see change?
- What does it take to make social change?
- Where do you see yourself in this image? Anywhere?
Name one thing that you would like to change in your work or community.
Back to Discussion Plans