February 2013 Civic Reflection for Educators Training
Are you working in education and interested in leading meaningful reflective discussions with your co-workers, students or staff? Would you like an opportunity to share voice, vision, and practice with other educators? Would you benefit from gaining hands-on experience facilitating reflective discussions -- and talking about issues related to teaching and learning in the process?
If so, please join us this February at a Civic Reflection Facilitation Training for Educators. The training is especially designed for those who work in education -- both in-classroom teachers and non-traditional educators and administrators -- and is intended to bring people from various education-related professions together.
At the workshop, you will receive:
- Hands-on facilitation skills taught by expert trainers
- A facilitation handbook with tips and answers to frequently asked questions
- A copy of Taking Action, an anthology of readings and images for civic reflection
- Potential opportunities to facilitate discussions
- Program consultation and ongoing support planning, organizing and leading discussions
- Continuing professional development credits (13.5 CPDU's) are available to participating Illinois teachers.
Cost: $250 includes workshop materials and meals
Francis Parker School, Chicago, Illinois
Adam Davis and Kelli Covey