Open-Call Civic Reflection Facilitation Trainings help participants gain hands-on experience in facilitating reflective discussions. The trainings are led by CCR staff who are nationally recognized experts in dialogue and civic discourse. CCR hosts several Open-Call Trainings in Chicago each year, all of which are open to the public.
Benefits of Open-Call Trainings:
- Concrete facilitation skills—basic mechanics of developing questions and identifying resources, planning and leading discussions, and integrating reflection and dialogue into civic work
- Facilitation Handbook with guidelines, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions
- Sample set of diverse texts and images useful for exploring civic values and activities, including one free CCR publication
- New network of colleagues engaged in this practice
- Connections to CCR’s resources including access to our staff for ongoing support, our print publications and our online Resource Library
- Potential opportunities to facilitate discussions as a CCR associate
- An engaging, encouraging, and memorable experience
- Continuing professional development credits (13.5 CPDU's) available to participating Illinois teachers
See a schedule of upcoming Open-Call trainings.